Or rather: Pitching Not Very Much. Or better still: Pitching Fuck All. I haven’t pitched a thing for a couple of weeks now, for a number of reasons:
1. I don’t really like pitching things.
2. I don’t really like the people who I’m pitching things to.
3. I don’t really like writing things after they have been pitched and accepted.
4. I don’t really like the people who read the things that I write after they’ve been pitched and accepted and written.
5. After something has been pitched, accepted, written and read by people who – for no reason at all – I don’t really like, I don’t like waiting around for payment.
6. Waiting around for payment is causing me no end of problems, including hair loss, a misaligned jaw from grinding my teeth too much, an erratic libido (not really, I just like the idea of having an erratic libido) and (due to a lack of money) a decrease in the number of cigarettes I smoke and the amount of alcohol I drink.
7. When something has been pitched, accepted, written, read by a bunch of fools etc. then I feel it is my duty to try and write something about it, or about my lifestyle, or about something else equally uninteresting on here. This causes a lot of problems because I don’t particularly like blogs, writers, writing, blogs about writers, or writing a blog about a writer.
I give Pitching the World another week or so.